Want to make the world a better place? Start here!
Download and print our free Month of Kindness Checklist to help you spread kindness at your own pace over the next month.
Here are 20 ideas to inspire you to brighten life in your own neighborhood:
- Send an email to someone who positively impacted your life.
- For 24 hours, say something positive to everyone you meet.
- Text three positive thoughts today to three friends who may need a pick-me-up.
- Send a care package to someone elderly.
- Have a cup of coffee with a friend.
- Volunteer to do the dishes after someone else cooks.
- Leave a note of thanks in the mailbox for your postal worker.
- Write down 10 positive things about a friend and mail it to them.
- Find a stranger at a party who looks like they don’t know anyone and talk to them.
- Leave a waiter a generous tip.
- Don’t complain about anything for 24 hours.
- Give a good used book to someone you know.
- Reply positively to a post on social media.
- Share a home-cooked recipe with a friend.
- Compliment a parent on their child.
- Leave a present on a neighbor’s porch.
- Volunteer to take a photo for a group or couple struggling to take a selfie of themselves.
- Compliment someone with a nice yard.
- Ask a senior citizen about their life. Just listen.
- Offer to help a friend with a chore.
"Kindness is the only service that will stand the storm of life and not wash out. It will wear well and will be remembered long after the prism of politeness or the complexion of courtesy has faded away." — Abraham Lincoln
Check out our other Month of Kindness Checklists: