If you’re looking to bring a smile to someone’s day, why not start in the workplace? Many people spend more time with coworkers than anyone else during the week. If that’s you, embrace it by spreading intentional acts of kindness at work to foster a positive office environment.
To get you started, here are fifteen simple ways to add kindness to your workplace. Not only will these acts show your colleagues how much you appreciate them, but they’ll also influence the behavior of others and cultivate a healthier company culture.
- Leave a positive note on their desks.
- When going for a coffee run, pick up an extra cup for a coworker who could use an afternoon pick-me-up.
- Offer to stay late or come in early to help a coworker with a project.
- Get some fresh air and go for a walk with a coworker.
- Bake a sweet treat and bring it in for the whole office to share.
- Offer to take on one of your coworker’s tasks if they have a lot on their plate.
- Stop by your coworker’s desk to say good morning.
- Offer to mentor a less experienced coworker.
- Show appreciation and recognition for a job well done by giving your colleague a special shout-out to his or her manager.
- Tidy up the office kitchen or supply closet.
- Ask for a coworker’s ideas or advice to show you value their opinion.
- Offer to buy a coworker’s lunch if they’re having a busy day.
- Talk about an interest outside of work.
- Schedule a Friday happy hour.
- Write a thank-you note to show your gratitude for their hard work.
To spread even more good vibes inside and outside your office walls, grab your colleagues and sign up for our free Kindness Community. A friendly work competition for the greater good is recipe for quality company bonding!